DC Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Two-thirds of all motorcycle accidents happen because motorists fail to see motorcycles on the road. They are much smaller and narrower, so when a driver is not paying adequate attention, motorcycles can be nearly invisible. This means that even cautious motorcyclists cannot avoid another motorist’s negligence.
When a driver fails to see you or misjudges your speed and distance, you can get seriously injured. If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, speak with a trusted Washington DC accident lawyer to get the compensation you are owed. A qualified personal injury attorney will look at every aspect of your case in order to build the strongest possible case. En Español.
- Motorcycle Helmet Laws in DC
- Motorcycle Laws in DC
- Out-of-State Motorcyclist Laws in DC
- Motor Scooter Laws
- Common Types of Motorcycle Accidents
- What To Do After A Motorcycle Accident in DC
- Biggest Mistakes to Avoid After a Motorcycle Accident in DC
- Filing a Motorcycle Accident Claim in DC
- Role of a DC Attorney in a Motorcycle Accident Case
- Injuries from DC Motorcycle Accidents
- Health Insurance and DC Motorcycle Accidents
- What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
Available Compensation After an Accident
When a negligent driver hits a motorcyclist, the results can be catastrophic. Without a seatbelt or a protective covering, they can be thrown from their motorcycle and sustain life-threatening injuries.
That is why skilled motorcycle collision attorneys in DC are passionate about getting their client’s compensation for the money they will lose as a result of the accident.
While they recover from their injuries, their attorneys can help them get compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Prescription medicines
- Lost wages (current and future)
- Pain and suffering
- Ongoing medical care
- Mental anguish
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
Settling a DC Motorcycle Accident Claim
In most cases, negotiating a settlement out of court is an option to consider. A settlement is a guaranteed lump sum amount of money that a person could receive to cover their injury-related expenses. Both parties must agree on the settlement amount, which can make negotiations tricky.
Washington DC recognizes contributory negligence, which means that if a motorcyclist is found partially to blame for the accident, they are barred from a recovery. Other factors that can affect their settlement value include:
- The cost of medical bills
- The length of recovery time
- If they suffered “hard injuries,” such as broken bones, brain injury, nerve damage, etc.
- If their injuries are permanent
- The physical and emotional distress they experienced
- How much income they lost during recovery
A DC motorcycle accident lawyer can help determine the value of their client’s case, negotiate with the insurance company, or take the case to trial if a fair settlement is not offered.
How an Attorney Can Help
If someone’s motorcycle accident requires medical treatment and insurance companies get involved, it is important they begin working with an attorney experienced in dealing with motorcycle accident claims.
A DC motorcycle crash lawyer can make sure their client is appropriately compensated for the duration of their recovery period, as well as for any possible future expenses. They can help by:
- Gathering evidence
- Reconstructing the accident
- Analyzing police reports
- Interviewing witnesses
- Communicating with the insurance company
- Consulting experts
- Investigating the at-fault party’s background
- Preparing the case for trial
Contact a DC Motorcycle Crash Attorney
After a motorcycle accident, understanding complex laws and combatting aggressive insurance companies can feel overwhelming. Not only that, but you have to worry about recovering from your injuries, deal with the pain and stress, and pay for expensive medical bills that keep adding up.
Get in touch with a Washington DC motorcycle accident attorney to find out how they can take some of this weight off of your shoulders and fight for the maximum amount of compensation possible.