Virginia Parking Lot Accident Lawyer
When people think of car accidents, they usually think of accidents occurring in highways and intersections, but accidents can also happen in busy parking lots, even at relatively low speeds. If the people who maintain the parking lot or the drivers you share it with are negligent, you could sustain a serious injury. If you have been injured by this type of negligence, one of our Virginia parking lot accident lawyers can help. Call a car accident lawyer in Virginia today to discuss your case.
Why Hire a Virginia Parking Lot Accident Lawyer?
A Virginia parking lot accident lawyer can help you to pursue a claim for damages that you suffered as a result of someone else’s negligence. While an experienced attorney will fight to negotiate a favorable settlement on your behalf, in cases where liability is disputed, as is often the case in a parking lot accident, you may have to file a lawsuit in a Virginia court. A civil lawsuit has a lot of moving parts, and your lawyer can help streamline these and make your case more effective by:
- Gathering all the details of your case and presenting that evidence to the court or jury in an organized and compelling manner
- Disputing evidence presented by the defense that tries to establish contributory negligence on your part (if you are found at all responsible, you could be denied compensation)
- Using their knowledge of local courts, case law, and statutes to fight to obtain fair compensation based on the circumstances of your case
- Reducing your stress and worry by taking charge of all those moving parts and keeping you informed of the progress of your case
Whoever is at fault in your accident can be expected to do whatever is possible to avoid paying for their mistake, so allow one of our parking lot accident attorneys in Virginia to fight aggressively for you.
What To Do Following a Parking Lot Accident
In a parking lot accident, another driver or those responsible for the maintenance of the lot could be held liable for negligence in causing your injuries. Evidence is key to any case, so start collecting as much as you can after an accident. As always, remember that safety comes first, so obtaining medical treatment should be your primary concern.
To collect evidence of another driver’s negligence,
- Get a police report or incident report to provide proof of what happened
- Take pictures of the damage to your vehicle
- Take pictures of the surrounding area and circumstances of the collision
Premises liability is a law concept that states that the owners of any area accessible to the public (office buildings, stores, parks, etc.) have a responsibility to make sure those areas are reasonably safe. Some examples of unsafe practices or conditions that could lead to a civil suit against the owners of the parking lot include:
- Lack of speed bumps
- Lack of a posted speed limit
- Poor maintenance (maybe a large pothole contributed to the accident)
- Unsafe or awkward layout (too cramped, too little visibility)
If you are able to safely obtain any of the above information, this will be useful for your case, but be sure to seek medical care immediately if your injuries are serious or life-threatening.
In addition to gathering documentation that can be used to prove negligence, you should gather evidence of your damages, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Vehicle damage
- Any decrease in your quality of life
The more information you gather, the more effectively we will be able to build a strong case for you.
Contact a Parking Lot Injury Attorney In VA
Consultations are free so there is no reason to wait to contact an experienced Virginia parking lot accident lawyer today. An attorney will advocate on your behalf and aggressively fight for your rights throughout every step of the legal process to help you get the compensation your deserve. Call today and discuss your accident with a lawyer who can look at the facts and circumstances and help you file a claim. Schedule a free consultation today.