Upper Marlboro Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been the victim of a negligent act at the hands of another, an Upper Marlboro personal injury lawyer can give you the assistance you need. You might not be able to change what happened, but you might be able to be compensated for your losses.
Learn more about:
Why Hire an Upper Marlboro Personal Injury Lawyer?
Personal injury cases can have a lot of details, and it can be easy to get bogged down. The effectiveness and experience of one of our attorneys can help organize your case and maximize your compensation by:
- Investigating the scene of the accident as soon as possible
- Gathering and organizing your medical records in a quick and efficient manner
- Putting together the best arguments available to help you be successful
Whatever the circumstances of your injury, having one of our Upper Marlboro personal injury attorneys in your corner can help.
Actions to Take After Injury
Personal injury can come in many forms, but one thing these cases have in common is the importance of gathering evidence after the injury occurs. Evidence that will be most helpful to you includes:
- medical documentation of your injury
- financial documentation of lost income due to your injury
- documentation of medical costs (hospital visits, physical therapy, medication, crutches, etc.)
- details as to how the injury has negatively impacted your quality of life
- documentation of the accident scene itself (police report on a car wreck, pictures of the hazardous area for a slip and fall injury, etc.)
It is extremely important to see immediate medical care after being in an accident. Even if the pain or visible damage to your body is slight at first, there may be underlying trauma that should be assessed by a medical professional. Once you and your Upper Marlboro personal injury lawyer have collected all available documentation of your injury and the circumstances that caused it, you can then decide the most effective way to approach your claim.
Maryland Personal Injury Statutes
Under Section 11-109 of the Maryland Code, you are entitled to seek damages for:
- past and future medical expenses
- past and future loss of earnings
- non-economic damages
- other damages
Section 11-108 of the Maryland Code explains specifically that grounds for non-economic damages can include:
- physical impairment
- loss of consortium (injuries affecting your relationship with your spouse)
As the cause for non-economic damages tends to be more intangible than something like a receipt for a medical bill, documentation can be especially important. The limitation for non-economic damages in Maryland is currently $785,000, and the more carefully you track the injury’s influence on your life, the closer you will likely be able to get to that limit.
Contact an Upper Marlboro Personal Injury Attorney Today
Getting a just level of compensation from a judge can help you as you struggle with medical bills and loss of income, and it can also give you a sense of closure. There is no reason to wait to start this process, as calling for a consultation with an Upper Marlboro personal injury lawyer is free.