2017 Price Benowitz Social Justice Scholarship
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL SCHOLARSHIP INQUIRIES BY EMAIL AT: email@example.com
WE WILL ANSWER ALL INQUIRIES WITHIN 48 HOURS. All information about the scholarship is available on this page. Please make sure to read carefully before submitting an inquiry as it may delay the application process. We want to document all communication regarding scholarships, so we will not be able to answer scholarship inquiries by phone. Please submit all questions by email.
As a leading law firm in our nation’s capital, Price Benowitz LLP is committed to making social justice a cornerstone of our practice’s values. It is our goal to ensure that all people have access to the same opportunities for education, self-improvement, and civic involvement, regardless of their socioeconomic circumstances.
Our nation has a long-standing legacy of social justice—from the fight for women’s suffrage, to the civil rights movement, to contemporary efforts to embrace all varieties of race, creed, and sexuality—but there is still much work to be done. Until everyone can benefit from the same rights, opportunities, and basic services, there will always be the need for ambitious and talented people to make progress on behalf of others who are less fortunate.
To further this vision of making the world a better and more equitable place, our firm offers a scholarship to individuals who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to social justice and community outreach. We recognize that education is an important foundation upon which positive, sustainable change can be built, and we are happy to help fund the educational endeavors of outstanding individuals.
By supporting the cause of social justice today, we are making an investment in a future that is brighter for everyone. As such, Price Benowitz is proud to offer this $1,500 scholarship to students pursuing college or advanced degrees of all types.
This year, our scholarship is helping to raise awareness about the challenges individuals with disabilities have to meet and overcome each day.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- This scholarship is offered to any student currently enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States. This includes incoming first-year college students who are high school graduates or possess a GED.
- The scholarship candidate must possess an interest in social justice, as demonstrated by past and present volunteer, professional, and educational experiences.
- All eligible candidates must be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- An updated resumé
- A completed application cover sheet (opens in PDF)
- A 750-word essay responding to the following prompt: What are some significant challenges people with disabilities encounter on a regular basis? What are some practicable public policies that could address these challenges? Feel free to speak about the challenges you have experienced or witnessed in a loved-one’s life.
- A current unofficial transcript from the applicant’s school (NOTE: First-year college students must submit an unofficial transcript from their most recent school, as well as an unofficial transcript from their current post-secondary institution.)
The 2017 Price Benowitz Social Justice Scholarship winner will be announced in Spring 2018.
Application Deadline and Instructions
In order to be eligible, scholarship applicants must submit their FULL application (personal statement, cover sheet, transcript(s), and resumé) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The official deadline for all application materials is April 30, 2018
ALL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION SUBMISSION EMAILS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Subject Line: Name of the Applicant — Name of the Scholarship
- Attachments: Personal Statement, Cover Sheet, Transcript, and Resume
APPLICATIONS FAILING TO FOLLOW THE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
To view some of the impressive individuals who have received educational funding from Price Benowitz LLP in the past, please visit our firm’s past scholarship winners page.